Sunday 18 July 2010

The Whole World Is Me

Look at me!
Don’t love me,
Or hate me,
Or even judge me.
No haste to shape me.
Just talk to me,
Listen to me,
Interact with me,
Go inside me,
Observe me,
Diagnose me.

You will know that you are me,
That I am as important as you are to me,
That you are as important as I am to me,
That the world turns around you and me,
Which is been seen through you and me,
And the world is nothing without you and me.
So why are you always trying to eliminate me?
Bear in mind that it is nothing but a suicide to kill me.
I need you as much as you need me.

We may be from different rivers but we remain one: you and me.
How do you preach peace while you try to kill me?
How do you preach justice while you invade me?
How do you preach equality while you don’t see me?
All this is no avail since wombs never stop to bear me.
If you look down on me, I remain the whole me
If you magnify me, I am still the whole me.
Who is you and who is me?
You and me is nothing but me.
Any man on earth stands for me,
And no one can demolish me
Only the one who created me.

© Chaouki Mkaddem, July 2010.

No comments: