Sunday 8 July 2012

For Our Own Good




It is not out of naivety
Neither cowardice nor bravery
It is simply a matter of spontaneity
That I make my way to reach harmony
Through good manners and courtesy

You are not much wiser
Superior or even smarter
It is simply I want to take you further
To help you discover your nasty behavior
And how you make our coexistence harder 

I tightly hug brotherhood and friendship
Though you regenerate hatred and hardship
And do your best to spoil my life trip
Beware! Life won’t give you any tip
Only bitterness is what you will sip

I believe in peace
Despite your malice
And strange caprice
Beware! Greed will make you obese
And then you will sorely belch every piece

I believe in tolerance
Despite your arrogance
That feeds your foolishness and ignorance
Beware! Respect, decorum, and patience
Are not my weaknesses but my weapons

My friend, your tendency to despise
Won’t take you any higher or stop sunrise
Please open your heart and eyes
And with others try to harmonize
Winning people’s love is the best prize


© Chaouki M’kaddem
July 8th, 2012

No comments: